Negative Comments

20:52

For about 10 months ago, me and my classmates interviewed Indonesian strangers about Islam and turned it into a video for a school project. This video -until today, is the most viewed video on my YouTube with a 700 and above (I know it's not much but hey, beginner right?). The feedback from people on this video are mostly: good job! Love it! etc. But me and my friends knew that sooner or later hate comments towards our video and towards Islam will show up. And we guessed right.


2 months ago, we received our first negative comment.

At 1995, Islam is 98% of all population.. I hate it! Now at 2015, again at 2015, Islam is 80% of all population.. Every day Islam lose 4000-5000+ followers, I LOVE IT!

As most of my friends suggested me to ignore it, I figured that it would be best to and decided to leave the comment stand by its own. But eventually one of my friends replied to the comment, and it had ended like so (see above pict).

A week ago though, we received two negative comments, from one user who seem to dislike (with a passion!) our video and Muslims who stands by their beliefs. This is what he said:

Just look at how bigoted they are peoples.claiming islam is the best of other hundreds of religion.im sorry but i got to be honest(muhamad had sex with an under aged girl named aisha)she is roughly 9 or 10 years old .why choose islam?its clear because you think its the best right,it means you think its better than other religion like christian,hinduism,buddhism,mormonism etc.sorry muslims but u gotta open your mind a little wider

His other comment that revealed his disgust towards women who use hijab was soon reported as spam/abuse by me since it was troublesome and might offend other users.

For a long while I was hesitant to ignore it, for the comment disturbed my heart, and I was taught by my Islamic teachers that when something disturbs the peace of my heart, I'm supposed to stop it with an action, or a saying or by my heart (prayers). And I chose to have a say through an action of replying whilst praying for whomever commented the above.

This is what I replied:

This comment is for account:

First, I'm sorry if this video offended you, in a way that I never meant this video to, but please try to understand that everyone has different beliefs and stands by their own opinions. Second, do not speak of Islam unless you know what you're talking about. And if you still do, make sure to link the explanation of what you're saying and ensure the fact according to the history. Third, thank you for your advice on telling us Muslims to "open our minds a little wider", I'd like you to do it too and do not be one-sided. Lastly, if you're so sick of girls wrapping their heads with "those hijab thing" that makes us look like an assassin/thief, you can simply ignore what you see. Plus, if people have the right to wear as little as a bikini, then I have the right to wear as much as a hijab. And no, this is not a butthurt comment, I'm simply replying to what you're saying that is untrue.

And I would like to leave it like that, and if that person tries to make a comeback, which I hope he does not, I will ignore, unless it troubles me even more. Lastly, please keep in mind that I'm writing this post only as an experience of cyber hate that offends my belief, and that I did not write to shame anyone. I hope this post did not come as hurtful or wrong, and I hope you have a wonderful day/night wherever you are. May peace be upon you.

Love always, Zee.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Squared Moments

Popular Posts

A concept

A concept
The wind rummaging through my hair; stroking my shoulders, a field of wildflower between my fingers and the clouds scattered in a uniform pattern. All alone with my milk tea-stained journal, writing pieces of life whilst absorbing the soft reality that I am happy.