Oh Wonder. (updated)

19:40

Talking about the beautiful replica of burning stars in the count of seconds, I miss the sensation of being able to see the fireworks with you, in the Arabian Peninsula, at night, with the wind in my hair and the sticky soda cans next to our feet, your eyes to the sky and mine to you; to the awed people; to the darkness under the confetti sky, and to myself.


It never crossed my mind how a simple offering from your mother to someplace after another tiring festival could be so scorched inside my memory. It never seemed of that importance to remember moments in great detail until I realize just how wonderful those moments were. But those four years have slipped through my memory like sand falling through holding fingers; I no longer remember your face.

I suppose that's okay. Because the people who are meant to be in our lives will always gravitate back towards us, no matter how far they wonder.

And so I hope you gravitate back towards me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Squared Moments

Popular Posts

A concept

A concept
The wind rummaging through my hair; stroking my shoulders, a field of wildflower between my fingers and the clouds scattered in a uniform pattern. All alone with my milk tea-stained journal, writing pieces of life whilst absorbing the soft reality that I am happy.