Bus Night: a series of unfortunate events

21:25

Yesterday before 6 AM, I headed to my room and grabbed my Fujifilm X30, a good looking mirrorless point-and-shoot camera I bought this summer that was lying on the floor with dust decorations in between the buttons and screen. I was on my way to an excursion to Chevron, an American multinational company that has one of its production industry in Mountain Salak, Bogor. Somehow, I knew the trip wasn't going to be pleasant. And oh god, how I wish I hadn't guessed right.


Since I've never been fond of buses, I sat alone next to a window just a few seats away from the door and didn't allow anyone to sit next to me in case I'd get really annoyed or really sick. And as expected, I got sick! I don't think anyone except my friends who sat across me noticed I was crying because of the severe headache but hey- I got really sick!

To spice up the situation, the air conditioning suddenly died and we had to stop the bus, everyone were nesting in their sweat-soaked uniforms and hot air, continuously fighting for a breeze. After about twenty minutes, we headed back to the peak of the mountain only to find out that we had been lost in the wrong hill for more than one hour.

And after 90 minutes late, we finally arrived at the right hill -a radiant hill of pretty trees and cold breeze. I was glad Chevron's choice of planting an industry was at least relaxing. But to continue with the series of unfortunate events, nothing in strolling around the industry for three hours had interested me, I wasn't a science student and wasn't attracted to engineering. But I had dealt with plenty of excursions from school like this, so it was fine with me. 

Cloud-making factory
An old friend giggling at the thought of cloud-making factories
The roads and the trees looked comfortably unfamiliar
Most of us high school students and teachers had expected the way back home to be less dissatisfying since we had switched bus that time. Thankfully, our expectations had met -a 5 hour night drive back home caused by traffic and heavy rain. And to continue with the series of unfortunate events, the aftermath of me visiting a convenient store in heavy rain were soaking wet clothes, not to mention the ceiling of the bus above me was leaking, in which resulted in me moving to the seat next to an untamed friend.

This was when all the bus night photos began, when everyone were far too tired to continue being tired. When I first had a decent laughable conversation with some underclassmen. When my cold cold hands reached out for my camera and decided to switch on the flash. When everyone became incredibly photogenic. It seemed as if the excursion was (accidentally) planned only for this bus night photo occasion.. Anyways, whatever it was planned for, I'm glad it had ended like so.

I was recording a video from Snapchat, sorry if I blinded you camera-man

My favourite picture of the Amalia Safira siblings

Apparently, Titanic moments could happen in a bus, girl meets girl is no exception 
The talk show did not go well, but these two seem to get along just fine

We played a game and woke everyone up
Hadi finally got out of his comfort zone and pulled out his inner talent
Candid of one of the Amalia Safira siblings, blurry, but still worthwile
The flash hurt their eyes, especially the one with the really awkward-exposed right arm
Say cheese! "Jeez"
It's amazing to recall how excited I was when I figured how well the pictures turn out to be. Everyone looked so good that I became far too busy taking pictures of them that I forgot I was sick in the first place. Thanks for bearing with me throughout the entire post. Hope you had a pleasant night, may peace be with you.

Until we meet again!

Love always,
Zee.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Squared Moments

Popular Posts

A concept

A concept
The wind rummaging through my hair; stroking my shoulders, a field of wildflower between my fingers and the clouds scattered in a uniform pattern. All alone with my milk tea-stained journal, writing pieces of life whilst absorbing the soft reality that I am happy.