Cutting ties

22:53

When you're sixteen and about to turn seventeen, there are months where you begin to understand the weight of the world. There are months where you begin to comprehend that literally nobody is the same; that there are some very dramatic and some very ignorant. That most times, you'll spend empty minutes of your tiring afternoon cringing about allowing the wrong people clung onto the right pieces of you. That everyone is expected to be busy and would remain that way for a long time; believing that being busy is what's keeping them together, when really, it's what keeps them falling apart.

But maybe I’m wrong to a number of people. Perhaps being busy is the release to their stress, perhaps being busy was the only way out of their bleeding heads. Perhaps I just got a bit frustrated at how ‘being busy’ has made me cut ties with the people I wished were meant to stay, however, no matter how much stories I write of these people I have cut ties with, it’s very unlikely that the ties would come healing again. People change and friends leave, and as the sixteen year old who’s beginning to understand the weight of the world, I respect the art of change and therefore, accept the act of cutting ties.

It never occurred to me just how revolting logic could be sometimes. Some of the worst decisions have been made under the pretence of logic, and though I don’t need it to know how I feel, others do, and so shall I.



"There's always one person that you will walk past and no longer speak to, they don't even look your way. You both acknowledge your presence around each other, but you walk past each other like you do not know the other person ever existed. It's one of the saddest things, walking past somebody you were once close to. Knowing you cannot say a single word to them anymore. There's no hatred between you both, there's no lost love, you both just stopped talking and that's life." -herblankcanvas

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Squared Moments

Popular Posts

A concept

A concept
The wind rummaging through my hair; stroking my shoulders, a field of wildflower between my fingers and the clouds scattered in a uniform pattern. All alone with my milk tea-stained journal, writing pieces of life whilst absorbing the soft reality that I am happy.