Honest Reunion

22:57

About.. two years ago, I was in class with fourteen really incredible human beings, those of which were quiet modest about befriending others and those of which were quiet ridiculous at heart. Thinking about it now, I wasn't very close with everyone (to be precise: with male gendered ones) which might explain why I don't know them very well. 

And in the span of that two years, I was graduating from grade nine. This technically meant that a lot of those fourteen-really-incredible-human-beings are about to leave (i.e. transferring to their desired high schools) and that I would never be in the same class with them all again. Which was true, because only four of us managed to stay. However, in the course of six months, two of us left too. And for the record, the only two from those fourteen who are ongoing survivors of Al-Taqwa are only me and Tsamara.

Tragic. I know.

Fast forward to 2016, eighth of February, nine of us were miraculously met in a reunion. We *ate, became bored, got into traffic on our way to watching a horror movie, watched the horror movie, parted, and are now back in our homes (I think).

Bagas was bald. That was his reason for the cap.
It took me about half an hour into the horror movie to realize just how much I missed these people. When I constantly made terrible jokes to Bagas, Huzi and Tsam (for they were the only ones reachable in the theater), when Putri "secretly" poked my head a couple of times to "scare" me, when Pristina and Kyla were cuddling because they were shit-terrified, when Ariq was asleep because he watched the movie before, and when Dika acted funnily whilst watching... It only sank to my mind how long it's been since we were ever together and that when we are together after two years, things never really change. Sure, some of them may have changed physically and mentally, but that does not mean it detains them from being who they originally were when we were still in class together.

Ariq was a bit desperate to be in the picture with Putri and Pristina. So I let him in.

My baby fujifilm X30 has been a little off lately, Tsamara was a model for trial
Because you can never get a good picture of me.
Here's a picture of Dika enjoying his arrival and Huzi's majestic hoodie (IT HAS EARPHONES IN THE HOODIE STRINGS!)
And that made me really happy. I felt less-terrible upon this crumbling world. It was a remarkable experience among the empty gray of school days as a remaining Al-Taqwa survivor, I hope we meet again very soon, kinda still miss you all -words of the late one.

Love always, Zee.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Squared Moments

Popular Posts

A concept

A concept
The wind rummaging through my hair; stroking my shoulders, a field of wildflower between my fingers and the clouds scattered in a uniform pattern. All alone with my milk tea-stained journal, writing pieces of life whilst absorbing the soft reality that I am happy.