A Millionaire dream

21:19

When I was young and stupid, I wanted to be an artist and a doctor, now I am tall and all grown, I want to be a writer. A job so strong that can change the human's mind by only imagination of the brain's creation. And it is not too hard if we try, not too hard if we just pray more each day.


Yesterday after I've received my English progression papers' results, I wrote this to my English Teacher:

English class was tiring yet interesting as always. 30 minutes to 3 in the afternoon and still the leaves of the papaya-like bushes waved, waved in a rhythm that I surely would like to hear in music.

The disturbing white boy from Aussie is literally, a pain in the ass for all the year Nines. I wonder if he would ever shut up because he's annoying the edification that Miss Mierza is fulfilling at the moment. But he's gone now, so that is okay.


I got 2 A's for English papers. Both with the same score. I'm pleased with this, especially paper 2 in which I thought she'd dislike but didn't.


Doing these writing tests makes me more spirited to write stories from better memories, which is good for me.


Just wanted to say this. Also, I have a question: "Do you thing I'll be able to write stories that'll create a history better than Charles Dickens or C.S. Lewis? Because I'm trying to and I know it's pathetic, but they said anything can happen." 


The next day, I hurried to her, wanting an answer, but she hadn't answer it yet, so I waited (-impatiently) for her answer in which I imagined would be: Yes! Of course! But, this is what she wrote:


Dear Zahra,

Assalamu'alaikum Warahmatullah.


It has been such an oasis to read your writing. It has been a very hard week for you, but you have survived, masha Allaah.


I don't want you to get A, I want you to strive for A+. But, of course, little celebration won''t be harmful.


I see a writer's craft in your work, dear. I do, masha Allaah. But to be called a writer, everyone needs to work (or write) hard. If you ask me whether you will be better than the two authors you've mentioned, I'd say no. Never. You will be different. Your writing will defend your Islam, brothers & sisters, and all of those mean prejudice. 


Create history, dear, by your writing. Tell the world that we, Muslims, the ones who follow Qur'an & Sunnah, are parts of those who will change the world into a better place to live, insha Allaah.


So start,

creating history... Now

Barak Allaah feek.


someone who put faith on you. -future writer-


Bu Mierza.


And there will be so much to answer to this, I believe. So much to say, so much to explain, so much to define, but I will say this: (in which covers all that I want to say) I will create a history Miss, and I will create a story (-with a happy ending: in my life and maybe in some stories).

Lots of Love, Zee.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Squared Moments

Popular Posts

A concept

A concept
The wind rummaging through my hair; stroking my shoulders, a field of wildflower between my fingers and the clouds scattered in a uniform pattern. All alone with my milk tea-stained journal, writing pieces of life whilst absorbing the soft reality that I am happy.