Environmental Issues Speech

18:03

This is the speech I did yesterday in BPK Penabur Bogor. I really liked what I have written though. I really liked the way it's built. I guess it was just not good enough for the competition, and because I suddenly forgot a line at the 4th paragraph. It's stupid to think I could have won when I knew I wouldn't. There was never a second chance for me to have achieved their thoughts, but okay okay I get it, I have failed, and it's my fault. Good job on the competition by the way.

"Greetings your Excellencies sires, madams and distinguished guests. Today, I, Zahra Thania, a sophomore student of Al-Taqwa College am here to make a difference and to speak for this generation and the generation yet to come. 

I hereby stand not because I was elected to do this speech, but because I am here to detain environmental issues that have harmed the earth exceedingly well over the past few years. And to start off let me ask you:


Why is the world becoming an uncomfortable place to live in? Have you ever thought of that? Why is the world becoming such an uncomfortable place?

In my recent research, it has been calculated that the topic environmental issues are escalating every year. Pollution –the major environmental problem is now found everywhere. Air pollution as well as noise pollution is able to be found right outside this building, causing diseases and deafness without us knowing. This is dangerous sire; we have a serial killer that we aren’t able to capture. 

I am from Indonesia and I believe that it is right to fight for my future and all of your future most importantly.

We were all once so young and so comforted of living in the earth, but can you picture our grand-grand children happily living in a fully polluted environment? In a world where climate change is something very usual? A place where there is no such thing as fresh water? Where cancer is found in every meat and every fish of their meal? Even nowadays cancer is able to be found in fishes, climate change is beginning to be usual, and people are infected with lung cancer caused by air pollution. Can you imagine what our future will face? What the next generation’s future will be?

Although nobody will ever accuse me of being a science kid, one thing that I learned from Physics is that energy cannot be created or destroyed. Scientifically proven, environmental issue is the result of exploitation of the used energy that cannot be destroyed.

Thus, we cannot end environmental issues, sadly. What has happened had happened, and what’s happening is happening. The most that we can do is to slow down, to retard the environmental issues and to do this, I, we, the world, will need all of you involved.

I am not launching a campaign, I am only launching productivity in the little things I do. Little things will eventually result into something big. Like environmental issue; it came from the little mistakes we have done that we did not take care of. And solving this begins with the little things as well.

First step: conserve energy. This sire, will literally takes only thoughtfulness and a simple gesture of the hand: like turning off lights when not needed and unplugging everything when they aren’t in use. A little spoiler, electricity and appliances that are still plugged in even if they’re ‘off’ will still snap energy which defines as negativity for your electricity bills.

The next step is to understand that every matter of the Earth enjoys where they are supposed to be correctly put in. An example of that is: throwing rubbish into the rubbish bin, not on the pavement, not on the sidewalk, but into the rubbish bin. Where they will be well content to be recycled and reused.

The last step I will be introducing to you is to please become less reliant on things that pollute the environment. Become less reliant on your cars. I wouldn’t tell you to stop using your cars, I’m only informing you that the emissions of the car’s fuel are harming my lungs, and definitely yours and others’ as well.

Just last year I did a similar speech to this one, and I promise you, it wasn’t only a combination of words and written solutions to the environmental issue, it was an implementation that grew inside me. So I hope that this speech would instil in all of you too, and would make you realize that we do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

As there are times to greet, there are times to farewell. And to finally end this speech, I would like to scorch something inside of you once more. Ian Somerhalder once said, “What you do the environment, ultimately you do to yourself.” And if the environment is like this, then what have we done to ourselves? Thank you very much."

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Squared Moments

Popular Posts

A concept

A concept
The wind rummaging through my hair; stroking my shoulders, a field of wildflower between my fingers and the clouds scattered in a uniform pattern. All alone with my milk tea-stained journal, writing pieces of life whilst absorbing the soft reality that I am happy.