A blogpost for Raissa

04:19

It's almost 4 in the morning today, and I just realized that I got a dozen of skype messages from my friend Raissa who is leaving for her Boarding school in Solo in 3 more weeks.




Which is big, if she's someone who lives by very close to your life. 

This blog post is specially made for Raissa, and no Rai, I'm not going to write corny things or even write a story of our friendship (haha) because I know those things gross you out but I just wanted to say these things: 

*as I can never be serious when talking to you either face to face or texting*

You're freaking out about: what's it going to be like there and how you're going to survive only once a half year going back home or even just survive! I know, I would be too if I were you.

These panick attacks and anxiety are only going to get worse if you keep thinking about them, just keep calm and try preparing every braincell of yours to reduce stress and worries because the truth is, most fears are false. 

Most of the things you worry about don't usually came true, I'm pretty sure although that the school you're going to is tough and is 180 degree way off from what's it been like in ATC, but I'm also sure that you'll be doing fine.

(Now it's 11 am. I slept after Fajr hehe)

-"The rules are awfully detail and strict."

Most Boarding schools are, and it is best if you just go with the rules. I say you better find a good friend that will be loyal to you there, that'll be there whenever you need her so you'll go around just fine in your new school. And I say if a teacher is ever going to harm you, blames you, don't ever ever ever hesitate to tell your parents. Also, if anything ever gets out of hand, you have every right to wish to move school.

-"You might think that this Pesantren (boarding) thingy is easy for me to take but the fact is... completely the opposite."

Moving to school far away from home is big. I never thought this Pesantren thing was easy for you, I can see that it's hard. You haven't been sleeping, because you're delusional. Just keep calm Rai, you'll be okay.

What I learned from the people around me is that they always just accept everything. And I know how hard that is but really, we just have to accept everything. I accept the fact that my current class is not what I expected it would be, I accept the fact that I'm not going to be having classes with most of the Ridiculously Acht anymore, and I think I'm starting to get better from depression and boredom.

I'm not a very wise person, nor am I smart at calming anyone (because clearly, I am not a calm person and I freak out to anything), this blogpost might suck and not help you at all, but overall I just wanted to say thankyou for all the things we've gone through, from the bad to the good, thankyou for being my friend and for teaching me things I've never known, and for giving me memories I couldn't make by myself. You're an awfully wonderful friend anyone could ask for in the world, I hope you the best of lucks (if lucks exist) and blesses. Take care Rai, and I hope your Highschool life will be memorable and pleasing when it comes to mind.

-Lol, Zee.

*p.s. Raissa is the one with a medal on her neck. The ugly duckling with the blue bag is me☺️☺️☺️*

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Squared Moments

Popular Posts

A concept

A concept
The wind rummaging through my hair; stroking my shoulders, a field of wildflower between my fingers and the clouds scattered in a uniform pattern. All alone with my milk tea-stained journal, writing pieces of life whilst absorbing the soft reality that I am happy.