IISI Debates in UI

16:46

Surprise, I was brave and bold enough to visit the Univeristy of Indonesia for its Alsa 19th debate competition they held since this month!


Let me explain wholly what had happened:

1. Miss Mus asked if we'd like to join a debate competition, she clarified that everything will be “fine” and that it's all for the fun and experience.
2. We joined, me Zahra/Zee, Tsamara and Amira. I have no experience in debating at all. I have only done speech six times and won three only, so you see, I have no experience because speech and debate are two very different matters.
3. We are extremely (un)prepared.
4. Our (un)preparation was not enough.
5. There was a whole load of confusion in the Alsa's system, for us, since maybe it was because we're totally new into all this.
6. Alsa was all against my first point. It was not “fine” and it's no “fun”.
7. -But it did give us a lot of experience and I guess that's what matters most.
8. We too received “friends” on the days, and I came to my realization that Indonesia wasn't as lame as I expected it to be (no offence).
9. We are currently undoubtfully exhausted, and won 2 out of 5 debates.
10. We are joining Alsa for Debate next year. Inshaallah.

I have no exact pictures of what was happening in Alsa, since we had to focus on the debate itself. But I have made a vow that I would make a video on Alsa next year, if Allah wills. There's more to Alsa than what I have written, more memories, more experience! and of course, more exhaustion. 

But for now, this is all that I have.

Thanks for having us, Alsa the 19th. It was a great experience. Cheers x

-Zahra Thania from IISI i.e. International Islamic School of Indonesia or ATC i.e. Al-Taqwa College Indonesia.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Squared Moments

Popular Posts

A concept

A concept
The wind rummaging through my hair; stroking my shoulders, a field of wildflower between my fingers and the clouds scattered in a uniform pattern. All alone with my milk tea-stained journal, writing pieces of life whilst absorbing the soft reality that I am happy.