Term Break Task

22:11

Since we (Sammy, Tsamara and me) thought that doing a term break project where we shared happiness through flowers and quotes were something that had ought to be done, we decided to do it and shot it on film for proof that yes we have done this term break task. However, you may notice that I am not (mostly) shown in the process of giving the flowers, which might distract the grading of this project, please acknowledge that I did get along with them to do it and did try my best.

Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D10NAZxTfOk

For the second task which I abruptly have just known that we were supposed to do a second one, here it is:

Interviewing housemaids

When I knew that we were supposed to interview minor workers, I took the chance to communicate with the people working in my house because apparently, housemaids in Indonesia is something popularly common. Thus I interviewed my the housemaids that work around here, and this is the result!

His name is Din, he lives with his wife (who was Erna) whom he apparently takes with him to work in here too. They both are pretty young (they are in their twenties) but the man is younger by three years. He lived in Java, more precisely Wonosobo and was a primary student graduate. His wife had been a housemaid longer than him and even went overseas, instead he worked fixing things in the garage/workshop. But then they both decided to work for my family.

They begin working normally at six and finish by early by 8 p.m., and yes the do stay at our house, they sleep at the room in the backyard where it is separated from our house but still considered close. His daily routines would consist of opening the gates most time, or helping around the house when there is work to be done. While she would normally cook and get along with finishing laundries. They both each earn $100 a month (I say dollars because it's more appropriate than saying Juta/rupiah). 

By the question obstacles, they quote that it is hard working as what they are and that they feel like they do not earn enough. And overcoming it is usually to simply accept life and keep moving on. Their family are as perfectly fine and they do enjoy their jobs as it is their jobs.

It was a both regular and irregular thing to interview them. I was satisfied with what I made up my mind to and felt great to actually know more about the people around us. In the end, I sadly did not have thought of giving them anything in return and decided to not ask help for a weekend!

(Hahahahaha)

Thankyou for reading. Hope you enjoyed!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Squared Moments

Popular Posts

A concept

A concept
The wind rummaging through my hair; stroking my shoulders, a field of wildflower between my fingers and the clouds scattered in a uniform pattern. All alone with my milk tea-stained journal, writing pieces of life whilst absorbing the soft reality that I am happy.